Dole Ad Backfires

Liddy Dole’s attack on her opponents beliefs has backfired.PPP reports,

It is pretty clear to me based on our polling this weekend that Kay Hagan will be headed to the US Senate unless something very bizarre happens in the next 72 hours. While numbers in the races for President and Governor are basically unchanged from last week there has been clear movement away from Elizabeth Dole, a sign that her ‘Godless Americans’ ad is blowing up in her face.

Dole has run one of the worst campaigns imaginable.

And Kay Hagan’s reply ad is really good. Dole deserves to lose bigtime.

This entry was posted in Advertising, Politics, Religion, Television and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Dole Ad Backfires

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Dole…doleful…what a pile of shit. Sorry, Liddy, but you blew it.

As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Dole…doleful…what a pile of shit. Sorry, Liddy, but you blew it.

3. VeryBadMan says:

Jeffrey Ross on Larry King tonight said, “McCain needed Joe the Plumber because his campaign is in the toilet.”

4. VeryBadMan says:

It’s a good response so far as it goes, but it reminds me too much of people in the 1950’s saying, “Of course I’m not a Communist! Of course I’m not a Commiunist!”

I’ve resented Elizabeth Dole since she ran the Red Cross as though it were Enron. I know of not one good thing she’s ever done in public service. But this campaign ad really must be the topper.

9. Don says:

Too bad either way the the belief in God (and a particular faith’s God only) is important in deciding if a person can do a good job as an elected official in the USA. “I taught Sunday school” should not be the words a voter needs to hear to instill confidence in their elected officials – unless maybe she was running to host a church bake sale. Religious beliefs and affiliations should be left a personal issue not a laminate one must wear to gain entry into the political tent.

10. Don says:

11. Lumineux says:

I agree with Don, however, the truth is this race is in the heart of the Bible belt and Hagan had to come back and say she believes in God because Dole’s ad has her saying she didn’t (it was a voiceover that sounded just like Hagan, but it wasn’t her) and insinuated that Hagan would try to take God out of people’s lives. If she said nothing to that, she would lose voters who might think she’s was “Godless.” Dole’s just using the same tactic as McCain-Palin, except with religion, not terrorism (or communism, marxism, etc.). It’s pathetic and sad that this is what our party of “family values” has resorted too.

I am happy to say that I get to vote in this race and I voted for Hagan.

I’m almost as excited to see what happens in the Senate race on Tuesday night as I am to see the Presidential race. Libby needs to go with Bush and the rest of them. I really believe in “change” and that our country (and our State) have had enough. Let’s see what someone new can do.

12. Lumineux says:

I am happy to say that I get to vote in this race and I voted for Hagan.

13. Don says:

Lumineux,
    I agree Hagan had to refute it. I just think it’s sad that she HAD to refute it.

14. Don says:

Lumineux,

15. Lumineux says:

To stick with the theme… Amen, Don! Amen!! I actually wrote pretty much the same thing you said in an entry here… http://mylumineux.wordpress.com/2008/10/29/god-and-politics/

It’s aggravating, but it is what it is.

16. Lumineux says:

It’s aggravating, but it is what it is.

17. Mark Maglio says:

From a homeboy of mine:

“Joe the Plumber is used to dealing with a very different kind of liquidity problem.”

She got destroyed.

Destroyed.

Dan,

How does even The Bear destroy someone who lives in the Governor’s Igloo?

Can’t be done, Dan.