Now She Tells Us.

From CNN

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Monday the road for the U.S. in Iraq has been “harder, longer, and more difficult than I personally imagined” and warned that despite some recent progress, success in Iraq is “not a sure thing.”

This entry was posted in Foreign Policy, Politics and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Now She Tells Us.

1. Coffee Lady says:

I think that it’s time for the new president to start working on an exit plan from Iraq. Let them fight their own war with their own money. Bring our troops home.

Remember Robert MacNamara’s mea culpa? Here we go again…

Rice is working on her next Stanford lectures. It’s over for her politically, at least for a decade or so. Takes that long to Ozium the stink away…

3. Fentex says:

> Let them fight their own war
    > with their own money

It’s the U.Ss war, not Iraqs.

The question isn’t “who will fight and pay for this war” it’s “when will the U.S stop fighting?”

Perhaps later there will be a war of Iraqs own.

And while I’m on the topic – it isn’t a war, that was won promptly by the U.S when it invaded. It is an occupation.

4. VeryBadMan says:

The United States military is going door to door. I agree, that cannot be called a war.

5. Mason Dixon says:

Right, Fentex and VBM,
    The Iraqi’s weren’t in a war before they didn’t attack us on 9/11. Let’s see them try to wiggle their way out of this one!

It only took her 5-1/2 years to figure this out.

They grow up so fast!

7. Jim Ramsey says:

It is time for major change, and I mean major change. Not only is it time to get out of Iraq, it is time to get out of Afghanistan. It is also time to cut our military by at least one fourth and turn our attention to our country. This military stuff all over the world will leave us like every country before us broke and second-class. We need a military that can protect us and we need to stop all this world interference.

I’m uncomfortable with reducing the number of troops, if that’s what you mean…I think we’re at the very lower boundary of a viable force already…but we need to elect leadership that doesn’t regard those troops as a Christmas present of plastic army men they can use to fight out their own personality conflicts around the world.

Also a leadership in C0ngress that regards the military as more than just a source of enormous pork for their home districts and campaign contributors.

So basically I’m Polyanna.

And who is going to sit down at which negotiation table without preconditions? Well, I’m sure there will be preconditions, but Obama never said no pre-negotiations, either.