It doesn’t matter what question you ask her, she is going off on a time waster on energy. She knows she has half of a 90 minute show. Say 40 minutes of talking.(given moderator time). If she can kill three minutes in some energy rap, she’s doing a good job

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to "Energy"

No fair playing the blame game! The American people will get tired of constantly hearing the Democrats play the blame game!

Now let me talk about how I promoted tax cuts in Alaska, and took on the big corrupt oil companies!

2. Mason Dixon says:

She’s doing as well as she could possibly do. As expected.

3. Is she trying to bribe us with her all of her fabulous energy in Alaska?

4. TheDR says:

Is it me, or does she dodge every question asked of her? This is as near to a SNL skit as mainstream politics can be.

5. Kitty says:

The question about having to change you mind based on changed circumstances, was pretty funny. Biden nailed it. Palin said she’s never changed her mind, then rambled. >_<

That’s like failing the “biggest weakness” question in a job interview. Inexcusable.

6. BobbyG says:

By about 7 pm PDT I was thinking “please just let this be over with.”

McCain gets a transient bump out of this. But, that will reverse after he goes up against Obama next Tuesday.

7. rhbee1 says:

Biden missed an opportunity when she brought up women’s rights by not asking her about a woman’s right to choose. His numbering system worked once but gradually appeared to be a crutch for him instead of a guide for us. She did in fact avoid answering questions quite often. She displayed an adroit politician’s turn of phrase in her praise of McCain, but saying he has a “deep committment” while Obama and Biden wave a white flag was pretty tricky stuff.

She survived. But looking at the CNN real time polling feed, Biden connected more with independants than she did.

9. Mason Dixon says:

She doesn’t blink but she sure winks like a tourette.

10. Terry says:

Only got to hear the tail end of it, but the last question seemed telling; Palin seemed to have stumbled. Nevertheless, from what I heard, she held her own.

Gonna watch the rerun, bbiab. Wonder how the ratings’ll turn out.

11. James says:

I think the nuance and intelligence of Biden’s performance will be a steady vertical creeper poll-wise in the days to come. We all knew he was a passionate fighter, and yes, he came off as tough when need be, but he also came across as compassionate, gracious, and caring. Palin’s performance was well scripted, but over-rehearsed. So much so, it came off as amateur theater sometimes, especially when Biden got choked up. A seasoned pro would know to improvise some empathy, and co-opt your adversary’s emotion to solidify a sympathetic connection with the audience – instead, she tried to divert the spotlight back on to her by changing the subject. Like I said, she’s well rehearsed, just not comfortable in the role. She did however, cement her crown as queen of the MILFs.

12. James says:

RE: MILF
    I mean, she was winking at me, right?

13. Valerie Curl says:

For me, I almost lost it with all her “also” additives. Two in each sentence. This woman supposedly has a degree in journalism; yet, her ability to speak well reminds me of some ’80s Valley Girl. I really had a hard time listening to her.

But beyond her inability to use the English language well, she had nothing new to say: nothing about rebuilding America; nothing about renewing the middle class; nothing about re-establishing American’s reputation abroad; nothing about solving the budget deficit.

She said nothing except the McCain mantra of earmarks and cleaning up Washington. Yeah, right! That is just so much lipstick on a dog. And about as meaningless. None of the McCain mantra does anything to solve the real problems facing this country, either here or abroad.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how any thinking American would choose to vote her into office!

I’m beyond embarrassed that John McCain chose her as a running mate, I’m ashamed.

14. JT says:

“reminds me of some ’80s Valley Girl” — well, yes…with apologies to Valley Girls.

Is it just me, or is her voice really grating? Are all the ‘yers’ and g-less endings on gerunds a put on?

I am trying to imagine her in the War Room handing down a Presidential decision…”kill them all, god will know his own.” Anybody think I’m too far off?

She didn’t sound so much like a Valley Girl to me as a character from “Fargo.”

I’ll grant that she didn’t stumble through mere broken phrases the entire time; but it was clear that she was thoroughly, heavily coached. Even Dan Quayle could parrot phrases when heavily coached. Her cutesy phrases like, “Say it ain’t so, Joe,” and right after that, “There you go again,” have the fingerprints of scriptwriters all over them.

Put her up in front of a hostile press corps and let the provocative questions fly, and her performance with Couric will seem cerebral in comparison.

Put her up in front of an audience of randomly-selected members of the public and let her tell them that they’re waving the white flag of surrender in “Eye-rack.”