Drudge Carries McCain's Water

At the behest of the McCain campaign, Matt Drudge is trying to make an issue of forcing Oprah Winfrey to put Sarah Palin on her show. As is usual, Drudge becomes a way for McCain to get it onto the MSM, including ABC.

The item in today’s ‘Drudge Report’ is categorically untrue,” Winfrey said in a written statement provided to ABCNews.com. “There has been absolutely no discussion about having Sarah Palin on my show.

“At the beginning of the presidential campaign, when I decided that I was going to take my first public stance in support of a candidate, I made the decision not to use my show as a platform for any of the candidates,” Winfrey wrote.

How could she possibly bring Palin on after she has publicly declared for Obama? If she asked the hard questions which Palin has been avoiding, she’d be accused of an Obama hatchet job.

Drudge is such a Karl Rove apparatchik.

This entry was posted in Barack Obama, Business, Entertainment, Journalism, Politics, Television and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Drudge Carries McCain's Water

1. 4leslie says:

Politics is all about perception.
    Reality does not matter the the neocons – not one bit.

2. Noel Mccarthy says:

Take a look at ABC’s web article that Drudge is sending people to. There are some 3,500 comments – Almost all of them are frighteningly racist.
    Any moderate Republican who is excited about the choice of Palin should look at these postings.
    They need to be made aware of what the Palin wing of the party includes.

3. Greg says:

Drudge is little people to a power like Oprah. Besides, Oprah values her audience. She wouldn’t let herself be induced into pushing something on them she didn’t believe in herself.

4. Noel Mccarthy says:

I hate to say it – Drudge is not “little people”

VISITS TO DRUDGE 9/06/08

029,556,384 IN PAST 24 HOURS
    665,599,147 IN PAST 31 DAYS
    6,340,652,867 IN PAST YEAR

5. angelic1 says:

i’m actually mad with oprah. i WISH she WOULD put the pitbull on and tear her to pieces! the pitbull would be faced with the real hard questions on her family values, her experience, her stance on gays, minorities, her foreign policy, etc. THEN, the gop would accuse oprah of being “mean” and “sexist” and “leftist”. oprah can’t win for losing on this one, but darn i wish she wasn’t so principled — just this once!

6. Greg says:

I know Drudge is a big deal and all, however I think Oprah is just that much bigger.

7. michaelmeme says:

Biden and Palin on Oprah together – Ms. O would be a great moderator.

The mean of spirit do very well in America these days. Better parenting would have helped…

9. Ed Darrell says:

I think Oprah should schedule Palin as a guest, and schedule me as the special guest inquisitor, uh, host.

I think Drudge has pretty good parents. His dad runs Refdesk.

I wouldn’t expect anything else of you, Morgan. You and Drudge would make a cute couple…

12. Stu says:

Drudge is to conservatives and Huff Post is to Liberals…. although Huff Post seems to print things with more righteous indignation.

13. Summer Barry says:

The fact that Opra has already given her very public support of Obama, would make it hard for her show to serve as a platform for the Republican party. She doesn’t only bring guests on the show that she agrees with so I don’t see why she would oppose interviewing someone the nation is clearly interested to hear from (even if it is just out of curiosity or for entertainment.

We would Rick. We’d make a very cute couple.