Everybody Out of The Pool, Now!

Just another day at the Community Pool in Penglai in Sichuan Province, China

This entry was posted in China, Sports and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to Everybody Out of The Pool, Now!

1. familygathers says:

What? Is that they’re only pool? I love to see the children laugh!! ( – :

2. MS says:

Unlike much of the U.S. — where taxes and government services are made suspect — China seems to recognize the government’s responsibility to provide
    recreational opportunities for its citizens.

3. Melissa Goldstein says:

What a great picture. It reminds me of a Spencer Tunick photo, but 10x more fun and 10x less pretentious.

4. kafleen says:

What a great picture, indeed. Look at their faces. They are full of joy. Makes my heart happy. :)

5. AV says:

My comment is to say how odd the first 4 comments struck me when I visited this page. Doesn’t anyone get chills from this photo about how crowded the planet has become?

AV- I just took a ride on a train from Portland to LA. Much of our country is empty.

I understand the Chinese have a population problem. It’s a Chinese problem, Its not an Talian Problem, just the opposite. It’s also not a planet problem.

Yes the picture gave me the creeps too. But I don’t like crowds.

I couldn’t help but think of another pool, maybe nearly as large, reserved for a handful of party elites and staffed with legions of white-jacketed attendants.

8. Azmanon says:

Its not the amount of people that bothers me but the fact that nearly everyone has a plastic tube to float in. That makes it the worlds largest floating pool</em, not swimming pool.

Dan, that this picture causes you to spontaneously imagine another exclusive pool staffed by legions of white jacketed attendants – is odd.

I’d love to see you take a rorschach test.

“It’s an oppressed victim!”

“It’s an evil corporate logo!”

“It’s one of them!”

“Ink and paper is a paternalistic hegemonic construct!”

I mean, I see it and think, I hope nobody drowns. I don’t want to regulate it. Or tear down societies walls. Why can’t you just think that? It’s summer man. Put up your feet, have a lemonade.

10. Terry McCall says:

Heh. That was pretty funny. “One of them”… hehehe. Got a nice laugh outta me!

With so much to do (why bother providing links, we all know the world is f’d up depending on your lens), sometimes we forget to relax. I’ll take that lemonade.

Dan: Don’t burn yourself out!

Me? I just think:

“This can’t be fun.”

PS: Sure is fun to watch though.