Despite the spooky echoes of the “Brooks Brothers Riot” in 2000, on the part of the Clintonistas at the Rules Committee hearing, the committee voted to seat the Florida and Michigan delegation with one half a vote each. My guess is the final victory of Obama will come with the votes of Montana on Tuesday evening.
Two details. Harold Ickes threat to take the Michigan ruling to the credentials committee is the idle boast of a man who just realized he does not rule the DNC anymore. This is Barack’s party. Second, all the fulminating by the cable network talking heads about women not voting for Obama is nonsense. Only 24% of women favor overturning Roe v. Wade. Does anyone really think the other 76% of women are going to vote for John McCain so he can change the Supreme Court to do just that?